|  Home   |   Fiancee Visa Adjustment o   |   Adjustment of Status Consular Processing   |   Form I-485 Adjustment of Status   |   Green Card   |   Immigration Law   |   Marriage Interview   |   Permanent Residence   |   Permanent Residency   |   Get A US Green Card   |  

Obtaining a Green Card Through Marriage

Visa Coach Fiancee Visa Support

USCIS I-485 help.

Fiancee Visa Adjustment of Status for Green Card

Fiancee Visa Adjustment of Status Various rules and regulations in obtaining a green card through Marriage Support to help you prepare your I-485 adjustment of status.

For more information on marriage based I-485 Adjustment of Status visit VisaCoach.com

Marriage- A way to get a Green Card to the U.S

Author: Geoffrey Lindsay

One of the most popular ways to ensure a permanent residency to the US is by virtue of marriage. The Green Card as we all know has allured many over the years to resort to various techniques to obtain the same. Marriage is one such way in which people obtain Green card to the US. Though it may sound easy it is not that you get married to a US citizenship holder and you get a Permanent Resident Card. There are various regulation and guidelines to be followed. If you wish to get a Green card to the US through marriage, you have the option of getting in the US by obtaining a K-1 or a K3 visa.

Steps to be followed after your fianc‚ enter the U.S. on K-1 visa.

A K-1 visa is used for the purpose that the Fianc‚ or the Fianc‚e of the US citizen can embark the US for the purpose of getting married within the 90 day period of entering US.
As soon as the resident partner weds the alien partner, he can apply for a permanent residence and can remain in the US and apply for a permission to work by filing a Form I - 765. An application has to be given for the re- adjustment of the status has to be given using Form I-485. If the U.S. Citizenship Immigration Services approves the petition a Conditional Permanent Resident card will be received. One has to then give an application for the removal of the 'conditional' status in order to become a permanent resident. In order to get the conditional status removed an application is sent to Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status with the USCIS National Benefits Center. All these work must be completed within the 90 day period prior to the two year from the date of the issuance of the conditional residency to the US.

Green Card Application process after your spouse enters the U.S. on K-3 visa

The K-3 visa is non immigrant visa. It allows the nonresident partner to enter the US and apply for an adjustment of the status to obtain a permanent resident status. In order to get this done one needs to apply for petition Form I-130. A second petition also needs to be filed I-129F on behalf of the alien fianc‚.
A K-3 visa has a validity period of two years and is a multiple entry visa. The resident partner must file Form I-485, after the approval of the I-130, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, with the USCIS


Thus we can make a note that whether one wishes to get married in the US or outside but wishes to get a Green Card, one must be prepared to provide extensive documents and must be financially sound in order to get the specified visas.

Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/law-articles/marriage-a-way-to-get-a-green-card-to-the-us-4168613.html

About the Author

Geoffrey is private publisher that has an unsafe involvement in virtually all the things, including online promotion as well as blogging.

For more information on marriage based I-485 Adjustment of Status visit VisaCoach.com